Skip to content
The Seoul National University Institute for Peace and Unification Studies (IPUS) was established with the aim of recognizing ‘unification’ and ‘peace’ as the most important tasks of the Korean people and nation. At IPUS, we aim to contribute to society through academic research on the various issues that will need to be solved in the process of realizing unification and peace
- 2019. 12.
- SNU Research Initiative for Peace Research
- 2019. 06.
- Launch of the Korean National University Peace Network
- 2018. 03.
- Professor Leem Kyung-hoon takes office as the 7th president of IPUS
- 2016. 05.
- Professor Chung Geuk Sik takes office as the 6th president of IPUS
- 2016. 03.
- Selection as a Unification Education Leading University
- 2015. 07.
- The Unification Foundation project begins
- 2014. 06.
- Unification Research Network is launched
- 2013. 10.
- The first Peace Academy is launched
- 2013. 05.
- The first issue of the English journal ‘Asian Journal of Peace building’ is published
- 2011. 04.
- The Institute’s name is changed to ‘SNU Institute for Peace and Unification Studies’
- 2010. 12.
- SNU IPUS selection of HK Peace and Humanities Research Group projects
- 2009. 06.
- The first issue of the Korean-language journal ‘Unification and Peace’ is published.
- 2008. 08. 22.
- The Institute’s name is changed to ‘Unification and Peace Research Center’
- 2007. 05.
- Unification Perception surveys begin
- 2007. 04.
- The first Unification Academy is launched
- 2006. 04. 12.
- The SNU Unification Research Center is launched with Prof. Mark Myeong-kyu as chief.
- 2003. 10.
- Unification Research Support Project begins.
- 2003. 08.
- SNU Unification Studies Steering Committee is inaugurated.
- 2000. 11.
- The SNU Unification Forum is launched with Prof. Chang Dal-Joong as chairman.