Skip to content
The Seoul National University Institute for Peace and Unification Studies (IPUS) was established with the aim of recognizing ‘unification’ and ‘peace’ as the most important tasks of the Korean people and nation. At IPUS, we aim to contribute to society through academic research on the various issues that will need to be tackled in the process of realizing unification and peace
- 2023. 03.
- Professor Kim Bumsoo took office as the 9th president of IPUS
- 2021. 05.
- Professor Kim Byung-Yeon took office as the 8th president of IPUS
- 2019. 12.
- Launched the SNU Research Initiative for Peace Research
- 2019. 06.
- Launched the Korean National University Peace Network
- 2018. 03.
- Professor Leem Kyung-hoon took office as the 7th president of IPUS
- 2016. 05.
- Professor Chung Geuk Sik took office as the 6th president of IPUS
- 2016. 03.
- Selected as a Unification Education Leading University
- 2015. 07.
- The Unification Foundation project began
- 2014. 06.
- Unification Research Network was launched
- 2013. 10.
- The first Peace Academy was launched
- 2013. 05.
- The first issue of the English journal ‘Asian Journal of Peace building’ was published
- 2011. 04.
- Changed the Institute’s name to ‘SNU Institute for Peace and Unification Studies’
- 2010. 12.
- SNU IPUS selection of HK Peace and Humanities Research Group projects
- 2009. 06.
- The first issue of the Korean-language journal ‘Unification and Peace’ was published.
- 2008. 08. 22.
- Changed the Institute’s name to ‘Unification and Peace Research Center’
- 2007. 05.
- Unification Perception surveys began
- 2007. 04.
- The first Unification Academy was launched
- 2006. 04. 12.
- The SNU Unification Research Center was launched with Prof. Park Myeong-kyu as chief.
- 2003. 10.
- Unification Research Support Project began
- 2003. 08.
- SNU Unification Studies Steering Committee was inaugurated.
- 2000. 11.
- The SNU Unification Forum was launched with Prof. Chang Dal-Joong as chairman.